Boston's "Politically Incorrect" Lunch and Dinner Tours
On this 3 hour guided walking tour we’ll visit historic sites, hidden gems, unique neighborhood shops and local hangouts.
OUR LET’S SEE! LET’S EAT! LUNCH IN LITTLE ITALY TOUR
On this 3-hour guided walking tour we’ll visit historic sites, hidden gems, unique neighborhood shops, local hangouts all while tasting some of the most delicious Italian foods anywhere, highlighted by lunch at Mama’s house.
Here are some of the places we will visit,
- One stop that sets us apart from any other tour is a visit to Mama Maria’s house, (yes, my mother’s house). Here you will see an Italian home and like any good Italian mother, you know food will be involved. Although we have quite a few tastings along the tour at the end you will have a sit-down lunch at Mama’s which includes the best homemade plate of pasta Bolognese ever, pizza or a caprese salad and a home-made dessert. Come hungry!!!
- Of course, we will visit famous Hanover Street where we will discover the best pasticcerias that offer the best cannoli, biscotti, and other Italian favorites. We will discuss the best of the best restaurants and coffee shops. With my culinary background and years of living here and of course eating here you will learn how to not get caught up in the tourist traps.
- We will visit authentic Salumeria (Italian Deli) where we will sample the best Italian sub in the North End. I will teach you how to make your very own Italian Panini.
- Take a walk through the open market where Italian immigrants shopped for their ingredients (Friday & Saturday only)
- Visit a very unique 80 year old coffee and spice shop.
- We’ll stop by some historical sites; Old North Church ($8 admission included), Clough House aka the Chocolate Shop and the Prado where Paul Revere’s statue stands.
- Visit old “Headquarters of the so alleged Boston mob” and enjoy some inside stories of the old mob days. Don’t forget I grew up here I didn’t read it in a book.
- Visit a 112 year old wine shop where we can learn about Italian wines and maybe get a bottle or two to drink at lunch hmmm .Sounds like a plan to me.
Our "Mama Mia" Dinner Tour$90 per/person
On the Mama Mia dinner tour, we will do everything that we do on the Let’s See Let’s Eat tour. The one difference being that at the end of the tour we still go back to Mama’s house, but we don’t have the same lunch as the other tour. Mama cooks you a traditional Italian Sunday dinner which includes pasta with meatballs, sausages and braciolas. An antipasti course and dessert is also served. This tour runs on a limited basis on Sundays only from 11-2. Italians consider that time on Sundays to be dinner which is why we say dinner tour. Check availability by hitting book now button for calendar.
Book a Tour
10am - 1pm
2:30pm - 5:30pm
10am - 1pm